GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Box Centric Limited is a members boxing and fitness club, a social and fitness facility situated at 8 Egerton Gardens SW3 2EH (“the Premises”)
- Acceptances as a Member
- The club has the discretion upon whether to accept the application for membership of an applicant as a Member of Box Centric. If an application for membership is accepted by club, membership shall commence upon the agreed start date.
- Upon acceptance, the Member shall be issued with a Membership Account personal to him/her and shall be entitled to all of the rights and privileges for which his/her application for membership has been accepted. Entry to the Club is gained on presentation of a valid membership card.
- Acceptance by the club of an application for membership of Box Centric shall constitute a binding contractual arrangement between the Club, and applicant member upon the Terms and Conditions of membership.
- Limitation of liability
In consideration for Box Centric accepting an application for membership and for the applicant becoming and being a Member of the club the Member agrees that:
- None of the club, the Company or their directors, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to the Member, guest of the Member occurring upon the clubs premises.
- None of the Club, the Company or their directors, employees or agents shall be responsible for any death or injury, occurring upon the Gym’s premises or as a result of the use of facilities, food, beverages, supplements and/or equipment provided by the Club except to the extent that such death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or legally proven negligent omission of the Club the Company or any agent or employee of the Club or the Company.
3.1 Special Limitation of Liability During the Coronavirus/COVID 19 Pandemic
Box Centric takes the coronavirus pandemic very seriously and has put in place preventative measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Box Centric cannot guarantee that you, your family, or your guests will not become infected with COVID-19. It is possible that attending the club, classes, events and activities at Box Centric may place you in close physical contact with other members, attendees and staff and could increase the risk that you, your family members, and/or your guests’ contract COVID-19. You acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you, your family members and/or your guests may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Box Centric and that such exposure or infection could result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Box Centric may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself or others, including, but not limited to, Box Centric employees, members, and attendees.
- Physical condition of Member
The Member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she is capable of engaging in food & supplementation programs and active or passive exercise and that such programs and exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. If his/her physical condition changes this must be relayed to the Club manager.
Membership of Box Centric is personal to the Member and cannot be assigned, transferred or otherwise disposed of. The Member shall not loan his/her membership card or permit it to be used by anyone other than the Member.
- Every candidate for Membership shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Founder Membership is available subject to acceptance by Box Centric and subject to the Member abiding by the terms and conditions of Membership and the Club Rules. The price will be fixed for life unless you cancel the membership and re-join, then you will be subject to pay normal membership prices as set on the date you re-join.
- Individual Membership is available subject to acceptance by Box Centric and subject to the Member abiding by the terms and conditions of Membership and the Club Rules. A 1 year tie in agreement cannot be cancelled within this time. Any cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com
- Rolling membership is available to acceptance by Box Centric and subject to a Member abiding by the terms and conditions of Membership and Club rules. You must give 1 months notice to cancel your rolling subscription.
- Group Members shall be subject to the rules governing individual Members; and each Member is jointly and severally liable for the full contract value and any costs incurred as a result of obtaining payment.
- Corporate Membership where applicable shall be available to three or more bona fide employees from the same company and a minimum of 6 months per contract. The Club will request reasonable evidence of employment prior to acceptance as Corporate Members.
- Overseas membership options shall be at Box Centric’s discretion entitles the Member to visit the club subject to conditions which shall be individually set out prior to joining. An Overseas member must call Reception to let them know the date they wish to visit, so that a guest day or week pass can be issued. If an oversea membership exceeds one week, you will be entitled to apply for a monthly rolling membership.
- Joining fee and membership subscriptions
- All new applicants shall make an initial payment comprising of the appropriate joining fee and the subscription applicable at the time of acceptance as a Member of Box Centric .The joining fee is a non-refundable payment entitling you to become a Member of the club. It does not entitle you to the use of the Club’s facilities as these are covered under the subscription fee. At the time of joining Members must either complete the Box Centric Direct Debit agreement and/or provide credit or debit card details. Irrespective of actual usage of the facilities or any change in the Members’ personal circumstances, ongoing membership subscriptions shall, when due, be payable by each Member and shall be debited from the nominated payment method. In the event of a membership expiring, additional joining fees and the current subscription fees will become payable if the previous Member wishes to re-join.
- Membership subscriptions price may be increased by the Club at any time. The club shall give the Member no less than 28 days’ notice prior to any such increase.
- If any part of the first twelve monthly membership subscription remains unpaid thirty days after the due date for payment, all monies owing to Box Centric in accordance with the contractual agreement will become due immediately.
- Joining fees are applicable upon each term of the Short term membership options.
- Freezing of Membership
Where a Member is unable to use any of the Clubs facilities, due to pregnancy or a medical condition the Member can apply in writing to the Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to have their membership frozen. For medical conditions a doctor note will need to be presented during freezing. For all other reasons a maximum amount of time a membership can be frozen within a 12-month period is 3 calendar months. There will be an administration fee of £25 per month for this facility. The minimum freezing term is one month. If a member wishes to reactivate before the first month’s freeze has lapsed, the month payment will be due. Please note that for monthly paying members, freezing will become effective from the date of the next direct debit payment. / payment due date. Once the membership has been frozen for the maximum amount of time then the club will resume the membership subscription and unfreeze the membership. A freeze period does not affect the minimum number of direct debit payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has been completed.
- Short term monthly memberships cannot be frozen under any circumstances.
- Membership freezes must be actioned with at least 28 day’s notice and must be done by sending an email to email@example.com Should you cancel your membership and wish to re-join after a 6-month period you will be eligible for another joining fee payment. This can be waived only at the clubs discretion. Those who re-join within a 6 month period from cancelling their membership will have the joining fee waived.
- Founding Members
Founder Members must remain current and continuous to benefit from the discretionary founder rate and are only able to ‘freeze’ for pregnancy or a medical condition supported by a doctor’s letter. If the Founder Membership lapses or is cancelled and the Member wishes to re-join they will incur a re-joining fee and the then applicable subscription rates will apply. For the avoidance of doubt, Founder Members are “Members” for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
Life Members and Founding Members are subject to the normal terms and conditions of membership as set out on their contract, subject to the following specific ‘Life Membership’ variation. No additional joining fee under 7(1) below will be applied. Limited number of Founding Memberships is subject to the following specific “Founding Membership’ variation: an upfront full annual fee is capped against any price increases for the duration of three years.
- Box Centric Account
- All Members may be required to have a Box Centric charge account. Further details will be notified to each member. This facility enables Members to purchase goods and services throughout the Club without having to carry cash or credit cards. Details of a valid credit/debit must be provided at point of joining and any purchases will immediately be charged to that card.
- Box Centric account statements can be obtained by contacting reception who will email it upon request. It is the Member’s responsibility to check these statements and to notify the Club of any changes to the nominated payment method.
- Termination and cancellation of membership
- Box Centric may reprimand, suspend or expel any member without assigning any reason for doing so if, in their opinion, the conduct of the member is or has been likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Club. No appeal whatsoever shall lie from the Proprietor’s decision nor shall any member or guest have any claim or remedy whatsoever against Box Centric or any director or employee in respect of any such matter.
- A Member paying by monthly subscriptions is not entitled to cancel their membership during the initial period of the membership contract. The only exceptions to this are for relocation more than 10 miles from the facility on receipt of a bank statement or utility bill; long term (over 3 month) injury or illness in the written opinion of a doctor or suitably qualified medical professional; Redundancy on receipt of appropriate written proof from an employer or Pregnancy on receipt of written proof.
- After the initial period, a Member may cancel membership by giving one calendar month’s notice in writing to the Club. The management reserves the right to collect any sums outstanding by Direct Debit or by charging the nominated debit or credit card.
- Memberships that have been paid in advance are not eligible for any refund.
- Upon cancellation of membership, any monies owed to the Gym relating to subscriptions or Box Centric accounts will automatically be charged to the Member via their nominated debit or credit card.
- Upon joining, a Member will be allocated a number of electronic guest passes for use in the Member’s current term of membership. Once a Member has used their complimentary guest passes, the Member or its Guest can pay the current guest day fee to enter the Club and use the facilities. Unused guest passes are not accrued into the next term of membership.
- To keep the Club exclusive, Members are entitled to invite one Guest per day, provided each Guest completes a Guest Information Form on their initial visit to the Gym. The same Guest may attend the Club up to a maximum of three four times per year. If a Member would like to bring additional guests they should contact the Membership Manager who will make an informed decision on the day.
- Guests must be accompanied on the premises by the Member at all times. Guests will remain the Member’s responsibility at all times.
- Box Centric Personal Coaching/ appointments
Members must provide 48 hours’ notice when cancelling or re-arranging appointments for treatments and 24 hours notice for personal training. If a Member fails to attend an appointment without providing the stated notice, the Club reserves the right to charge the full cost of that service.
Personal Training packages grant the members discount to training sessions. You can buy single session for immediate use or purchase packs of 3/10 and 20 or pay for Direct Debit on a minimum of 4 per month. Expiry dates on 3 and 10 packs are 3 month, 20 packs are 6 months. If you purchase Direct Debit (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 per month) and do not use any sessions, they cannot be transferred over to the next month and will be lost. Any top up (extra) session/s will be charged at the discounted rate. Minimum is 4 sessions per month. . A refund requested only on 3, 10 1nd 20 packs can be made on the remaining sessions if the member is relocating or has a serious injury/illness, written proof will be required in both scenarios. Any used sessions will be charged at the individual rate with the refund being made or the remaining amount.
- Member’s Group exercise and classes
Members must allow enough time to sign in before each class. The club reserves the right to decline class participation to members, who turn up after the specified start time of a class and members should not leave early, unless the instructor is given prior notice. If members are suffering from a pre-existing injury or problem that affects full participation, she/ he is responsible for discussing the situation with the group exercise instructor/ class instructor. Appropriate attire must be worn in all group exercise classes. Members must provide a 12 hour notice in case of cancelling a class.
If you do not arrive at the studio before the class start time, your place may be given away to those on the waiting list. When a class is full, you will be able to book onto a waiting list. Spaces in class will be given out to waiting list members in order of place on the list. You will be allowed to book on to class 48 hours prior to the class commencement.
- Hours of Opening
- Normal hours of operation and the hours in which any facility within Box Centric are available to Members can be obtained upon request or from the Club’s website.
- The club reserves the right to vary these opening times. In addition, Box Centric has the right at any time to close any or all of the facilities for the purpose of cleaning, building, decorating, repairs or special functions. During bank and public holidays special hours apply and these can be obtained upon request or from the Club website.
- Non-Recording of Classes or Activity Agreement
You acknowledge and agree that any type of recording or transmission (video, audio, still photography, streaming, social media posting, etc.) of any live classes or activities, whether in person or online, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of an authorised Senior Manager. Staff or instructors are not authorised to provide consent. This includes even a temporary recording/transmission live content of Box Centric such as SnapChat, TikTok, Facebook, or Instagram. You are, however, permitted to record and post lawful, non-offensive content related to your participation in a session or class before and/or after a class with the consent of each participant who is identified in your content. You must not take pictures or record any members without their permission.
Any violation of this policy is grounds for exclusion from participation in any Club activities. You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the clubs, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and instructors, from and against any claims, lawsuits or other actions, and all resulting loss, damage or cost of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), resulting from your violation of this policy.
- Fraudulent or wrongful information given in order to obtain a discounted membership will result in the cancellation of all membership rights and any action deemed appropriate by the Club. Membership fees will not be refunded.
- In the event of any default of the Member, the Club may disclose personal particulars contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
- If through circumstances beyond the control of the Club, is unable to provide the full range of services as advertised, the Member shall remain liable for all fees relating to the subscription and other services provided.
- Membership login details are issued upon payment of the appropriate joining fee and subscription.
- The Club retains the right to vary, add or eliminate any of the particular services and facilities provided, including the class timetable and class instructors.
- Only Personal Trainers from Box Centric may be used at the Gym.
- Members are not to engage the services of any employee or independent contractor for use outside the Club without the prior approval of the operations manager .
- The Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to a Member, treatment centre client, or any Guest of a Member, occurring upon the premises.
- Box Centric reserves the right to remove any articles left in day lockers overnight. Items recovered from lockers may be collected from the front desk for up to seven days after removal. Box Centric will not be responsible for any contents removed from any locker.
- All lost property will be recorded and kept in a secure place. Personal items including clothes, shoes, gym equipment and toiletries will be stored for a minimum of 7 days and valuable items including phones, jewellery, and watches will be stored for a minimum of 1 month. After this time items will be donated to charity. Underwear will not be kept.
- Appropriate footwear and athletic attire must be worn at all times when using Box Centric member’s facilities. Jeans, boots, flip flops/ sandals are not allowed while using the facilities.
- Except with the written consent of the Owner and CEO, no Member or guest, shall take or give photographs/film footage or the address of the Club in any advertisement or use the Clubs name or likeness for any business or commercial purposes whatsoever.
- The Club reserves the right to use any photographs/film footage taken by the clubof a Member or guest in the Club for its own material (website, newsletter, brochures, advertising etc).
- Closed Circuit Television with Digital Recording in operation throughout the Club. Images are being monitored for the purpose of crime prevention and public safety.
- Regular maintenance of the Club shall take place, which may require complete or partial closure of facilities. The club shall not refund or compensate for such closures.
- We have partnered with various technologies: MyZone, Inbody and FMS (Functional Movement Screening) to offer members the opportunity to enhance their training experience. Use of these services is optional and you are in control of your data via use of the APP (see the service provider’s privacy notice for more information). Box Centric can only view the data you give us permission to and communicate with you via the APP (if permission is given) e.g. to invite you to join club challenges.
Child Classes– we collect a child’s personal data from an adult member with parental responsibility for them. We will assume all members linked to the child’s head member (parent paying for the memberships) are permitted access to the information on the child’s membership account; details of the child’s membership subscription, any ancillary services eg swim school, visits, DOB and contact details (as per head member account), plus any non-sensitive notes. A child registration form must be completed for each child, which contains health questions and any special requirements. The child registration forms are stored on a secure server on site, with limited access rights – a symbol on the membership account will denote if the Little Space team need to access information on this server prior to the child taking part in any activities. Any other sensitive documents such as care plans or accident reports, will be stored in the same access controlled area. All children’s classes are monitored and supervised by a SENCO representative.
- Credit/Debit Card
- I authorise Box Centric Limited to charge the monthly amount for the membership selected in application. Payments will be taken monthly through to the credit card or debit card provided.
- I authorise Box Centric to use these details to debit my card for any additional services I purchase from the club.
- I agree to pay for this purchase in accordance with the issuing bank cardholder agreement.